OLEY RIDES & SCHEDULE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

friday 12/26-ride report

Go down

friday 12/26-ride report Empty friday 12/26-ride report

Post  Admin Fri 26 Dec 2008, 5:45 pm

the day after christmas saw about 12 of us heading out of the oley lot. me, jfk, john c, kevin, nick, john delong, his freind [never did get his name], john l, ted, phil i, tom g [ for a little while].

we headed out easy watching for the icy patches. eventually making our way over to woodchoppertown / mountain roads and up and over. i was on the front with kevin and we were speaking in shortened sentences while john d was behind us and talking like it was no problem in FULL sentences. we headed thru downtown pottstown, around about and ended up at the bottom of shed. the climbers set the pace from the start, and they gave the rest of us mere mortals a christmas gift and just kept the pace steady. after the top we made a left and headed the back way to harmonyville road. as we crossed 345 we came across a patch of ice that was all the way across the road. now i have been ding a little mountain biking these past few weeks, and i think i forgot which bike i was on; i bunny hopped the front wheel over a rut off the right side of the pavement, the back wheel didn't make it and down i went on my right side. embarrassed to shit i got up quick and grabbed my bike, real quick like checking that the bike was ok to ride. then after we got going i thought i must have pinched my pinky finger on my right hand when i fell. i thought; no big deal, it'll go away. well it nagged at me, and at the next pee break i pulled off my glove, pulled on it and it seemed to snap into place. then i went to move the knuckle side to side to make sure it was alright,,,,,,,,,, and it just folded over on the outside,,,,,, NOW it hurt. most likely because my brain said ''that should be hurting a lot''. well we kept going and i tried not to think about it. as we headed towards oley guys started to peel off and head for their homes. it was down to just me, phil and nick when we pulled off mine onto 662.

it was a nice ride, even thou it never really seemed to warm up. i had almost 72 miles at a 15.9 average. this is the type of endurance pace riding we should be doing this time of year. i especially like the way we rode the hills.

thanks for the ride guys. i'm icing the finger and taking the home made splint that michele helped me to make on and off, and trying to figure out if it's really broken or if i just destroyed all the ligiments and tendons.

jim

thanks phil, that was nice of you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oleyrides.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down