OLEY RIDES & SCHEDULE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

oley rides saturday 2/2 and sunday 2/3

3 posters

Go down

oley rides saturday 2/2 and sunday 2/3 Empty oley rides saturday 2/2 and sunday 2/3

Post  jimweidner Sat 02 Feb 2008, 4:30 pm

Saturday 2/2/08:

riders: john c, jfk, tom, diane, ted, nick, phil i, joe

ride route and report: we headed out of the lot and for shed hill. john c and jim set a steady pace up the hill untill nick thought he should go faster, eventually near the top we let him go; so nick gets the kom today. we regrouped and then headed north on 345 to 82 south and down to morgantown. we crossed 23 with the intent to head to shirks bike shop, but the strong head wind and me making a wrong turn which took us back up to 23 and we decided we were all tired and we should make our way back. there was lots of climbing left to do and when we were almost in birdsboro we lost phil for good. we waited at the bottom of the hill but he didn't show. we figured he made a turn and we headed back on route to oley. ted turned off first, then john c, then tom and diane. we finished with 3 and joe stopped in at the icehouse to score his water bottles. nick headed back to the lot to explain to phil how we lost him.

sprints points: jim 7, nick 3, jfk 3, john c 1

link: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/invitation/email/accept.mb?senderPk.pkValue=97738&unitSystemPkValue=2&episodePk.pkValue=4894234

jim

jimweidner

Back to top Go down

oley rides saturday 2/2 and sunday 2/3 Empty Bring it on Lehman

Post  Nick Price Sun 03 Feb 2008, 10:29 am

I'll be waiting for you next week.
Nick Price
Nick Price

Back to top Go down

oley rides saturday 2/2 and sunday 2/3 Empty sunday 2/3

Post  jimweidner Sun 03 Feb 2008, 7:15 pm

riders: john c, jfk, phil i, joe, kevin, brian

ride route and report: we headed up forgedale to meet the derby. when we met them john c, kevin and myself went with the derby and the rest kept going. tom, diane, jimmy p, and julie were on the derby.
going with the derby the way out was pretty uneventfull and the group was pretty big for february. at the turn around i had position close to the front along with kevin. the derby wasn't smooth, but rather was a series of jumps and then slowing down. on the way up topton hill the group did an acceleration that was hard going over the top and down the other side. it settled down and stayed fairly fast all the way back to breinigsville. kevin and i pulled off at the usual spot and kept riding back towards fleetwood. on the way we took a nature break and ryan d caught up to us. from then on w/ryan and me on the front and kevin in tow it was like the freight express to fleetwood. i felt like i was riding harder than i did at times on the derby. all this and still trying to talk to ryan. kevin had the free ride but i knew it was probably harder than he wanted to go. kinda like riding w/john c after he and kevin pull off the group to head back to temple. ryan and i went to the fleetwood coffee shop where we hooked up with tom and diane. one large coffee and a toasted bagle w/cream cheese and we headed up water tower hill, where the large coffee tried to come back up,,,,,,,,,,,,,

link: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/invitation/email/accept.mb?senderPk.pkValue=97738&unitSystemPkValue=2&episodePk.pkValue=4903037

jim

jimweidner

Back to top Go down

oley rides saturday 2/2 and sunday 2/3 Empty Saturday

Post  Phil Iredale Mon 04 Feb 2008, 12:22 pm

Sorry everyone...one of those days...EPO is now on my diet!
Phil

Phil Iredale

Back to top Go down

oley rides saturday 2/2 and sunday 2/3 Empty Re: oley rides saturday 2/2 and sunday 2/3

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down