OLEY RIDES & SCHEDULE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday March 31st 2009

2 posters

Go down

Tuesday March 31st 2009 Empty Tuesday March 31st 2009

Post  dajones13 Wed 01 Apr 2009, 10:30 am

Things started out pretty normal not too fast but a little windy. We had a pretty large group but I didn't count how many. Things started picking up after we turned onto Club Rd. The pace stayed pretty high but not too fast until after we crossed 662 on Blacksmith Rd. After we went through the stop sign at the top of Blacksmith Rd Ryan and the Dynoflow boys where pushing it at the front. After we turned onto Limeklin the pace stayed high and when we were coming down the hill on Limekiln everyone but Ryan, Nick, Jason, Dean, WV guy, Dresden John and myself had dropped off. We stayed together until Valley Rd. I was hurting and sitting behind WV at the back when he started to get gapped shortly before Daniel Boone Rd. I bridged the gap as things slowed a bit, but as soon as a caught up Nick attacked. Ryan and Jason went with Nick. Dean looked at me I had nothing left from bridging and just being tired. So WV, Dean, Dresden and myself tried to work to bring them back on Daniel Boone but we weren’t getting any closer. WV dropped off first then Dresden. Dean and I sort of kept them in sight every now and then, and could see WV behind us as well. From Ryan’s report it sounds like he attacked and dropped Nick and Jason on the Weidnerberg. Dean and I didn’t contest the sprint. Overall a great ride, I was surprised how well I felt since I haven’t been getting as much riding in as I’d like. See everyone next week.

oh, someone stole the duct tape, or at least it was missing when we went by. We may need to make a midnight paint run.

-Doug
dajones13
dajones13

Back to top Go down

Tuesday March 31st 2009 Empty Re: Tuesday March 31st 2009

Post  Nick Price Wed 01 Apr 2009, 2:30 pm

After I attacked up the little climb on Valley it got pretty interesting. We were doing 30 second pulls on Daniel Boone Road. We had to stop for traffic at 562 and saw you guys coming up on us, so we punched it pretty hard through the pet cemetary and down the hill. I think we took the sweeping turn onto Oley Line Rd at about 40-45 miles an hour. I was spun out in my 53x11 trying to come around Ryan to take a pull. Once we hit the little climb at Boonecroft, Ryan attacked hard and we couldn't keep with him. Matt was trying to bridge up, but wasn't able to get him. Ryan was probably 30-45 seconds on Matt and he had me by about 1:30-2 minutes.

It's going to be fast this year. That was Matts first Oley ride. He just moved to Flying Hills and is working as an engineer for Dynaflo, so he'll be a regular. Jason was taking a light week, but throw him into the mix and it should be a tough summer. Oh yeah, I have another teamate (Andy) that lives behind the velodrome, so he may be there from time to time. If you guys think I can sprint, you haven't seen Andy or Matt unleash the turbos yet.

Get ready................
Nick Price
Nick Price

Back to top Go down

Post  dajones13 Wed 01 Apr 2009, 3:33 pm

So I'm kind of clueless, I thought it was Jason with facial hair, that shows how close I pay attention. Even if we did catch you when you got stopped at 562 I wasn't going to be able to keep up on that short riser. When I Dean & I got to the top of the rise after the pet cemetery I looked down the road and said “they’re gone”. Dean said “they must be hiding in the bushes.”

Last edited by dajones13 on Thu 02 Apr 2009, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
dajones13
dajones13

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Price Thu 02 Apr 2009, 11:47 am

I've ridden with people and never knew their names. Then I run into someone at the grocery store and they say, "You ride with my friend Bob all the time". I'm like, Bob who? What does he ride? That's how I identify people. Kind of crazy, but I think we all can relate.

I guess having three guys on the same bikes doesn't help either.
Nick Price
Nick Price

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down