OLEY RIDES & SCHEDULE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday May 27th Ride - Big Thanks!

2 posters

Go down

Tuesday May 27th Ride - Big Thanks! Empty Tuesday May 27th Ride - Big Thanks!

Post  Curt8310 Tue 27 May 2008, 9:09 pm

Just wanted to thank Tom and Diane for coming to my rescue ... flatted about 12-14 miles into ride. Being pretty new to the ride (second ride, and first since late March/Early April), I didn't know the route. To add insult to injury, a storm came up fast ... they graciously rode back, checked on the status of the repair, and returned soon after to tote my cycle and self back to Oley H.S. So, a big thanks for the helping hand. I owe you cold beer or wine next time we meet.

Curt

Curt8310

Back to top Go down

Tuesday May 27th Ride - Big Thanks! Empty Tuesday May 27th Ride

Post  dajones13 Tue 27 May 2008, 10:00 pm

Glad to hear it work out for you...

It was a smaller then usual group for the nice weather, when we left, but I guess the people who didn't show up knew something we didn't. I started to worried a little about 10 miles into the ride when you could see the dark clouds to the north west moving in, it didn't seem so bad when we were riding away from them but of course we still needed to turn around to get back to Oley. When we turned onto Valley Rd and started headed back towards Oley things look plenty dark. It actually was starting to look better (not so dark) when it started to rain shortly before we made the left back onto Limekiln Rd. The ride was mostly tame with a few good hard diggs during the sections after we made the first left onto Limeklin Rd. Once we turned and saw the impending weather everyone kind of went into overdrive. When we got on to Mine Rd. Jim lead most of the way and gave me a good lead out. I had to sneak around him on the right a little bit, I probably should have waited for more room (sorry Jim) but once I came around I think Rasta gave it a dig but I already had a pretty good gap. I'm not sure anyone else was trying to do anything but get back and out of the rain. But you never know when you'll have to pull off a pouring rain sprint in a real race :-).

See everyone next week.

-Doug
dajones13
dajones13

Back to top Go down