OLEY RIDES & SCHEDULE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6/19/09 Ride

4 posters

Go down

6/19/09 Ride Empty 6/19/09 Ride

Post  Brian Saylor Tue 16 Jun 2009, 10:18 pm

Interesting evening...

Kudos to Mark and Nick. Good job!

Boo hiss Doug... What were you thinking???? LOL!

Listen guys, (my opinion), if you arrive late to the ride and want to jump in, if it is after we have made the left onto I think it's Hoch Rd, near the Oley Rec Park, heading to Pikeville, I think that you need to sit on the back and be non involved in action at the front. This is something that can be negotiated, but should be addressed. We need to make some kind of cut off. Glad I got to apologize to Justin. I was a little harsh. Embarassed

Tonights ride was a pretty negitive ride. I'm sure that Jim will come up with something, either here or next week before the ride. We have a good group of riders, and I think with a couple of tweeks here and there we can make most everyone happy. What we all want is to have safe, fast, fun rides.

I kind of like the idea of every man for himself. If you want to do "team" tactics with teamates, or a friend, that should be ok too. I like to use this ride as a hard effort. Negative riding isn't what I'm looking for. If I get dropped I know my way back...

This is a great place to post any ideas you may have. Let's hear what you have to say.
Brian

Brian Saylor

Back to top Go down

6/19/09 Ride Empty 6/19/09 Ride

Post  Admin Wed 17 Jun 2009, 11:22 am

i want this to be an open and fun ride. no rules [other than ride safe, smart, and predictably].

everyone is welcome [ryan included].

you can ride solo or team like, your choice.

some common sense things apply:
don't jump in the group mid ride and be a player and/or do the sprint; sit in and enjoy the ride.
at blind intersections make sure you check for traffic
have fun, just like the derby you can make this ride be what you want it to be, sit in or hammer whichever you prefer

that's all i have to say,,,,,, see you next week.

jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oleyrides.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

6/19/09 Ride Empty Re: 6/19/09 Ride

Post  dajones13 Thu 18 Jun 2009, 10:38 pm

Yeah, Yeah... I jumped in a little late and I felt a guilty about it too, but I did have to chase to catch them and it was still near the beginning of the ride, only about 9 miles into the ride so it wasn't like I jumped in with 6 or 7 miles to go. They went by me on Club Rd. and I didn't see anyone else coming after about 10 seconds so I turned around and started rolling by then they had about 20 - 25 seconds on me. Then once I started chasing I looked back and saw the group and I should have sat up, but I didn't, I'll buy drinks at the coffee shop after the derby this Sunday, I owe you guys anyway for pulling me back to Fleetwood after the Derby on Wednesday nights. Although there was no help this week in the rain. :-0

I must admit even without a team I enjoy the team tactics in the ride, It helps you realize if you don't have a team and a break goes up the road, it's going to suck trying to ride in the group knowing nothings going to bring the break back and you can't do it yourself. It also helps the race tactics become second nature which to me is the what makes racing fun.
dajones13
dajones13

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Price Fri 19 Jun 2009, 9:54 pm

I had fun last Tuesday. Mark, Doug and myself kept a 24 mph average. Not bad. No matter what happens within the break or the pack, I always have fun. I do agree that riders that "generally" are not in the final 5k mix should not be jumping in late on the ride and trying to drill it. It's not fair to the others. If guys want to ride solo, or work on team tactics, I'm all for it. You never know what race day will bring so I feel it's best to experience everything.
Nick Price
Nick Price

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down