OLEY RIDES & SCHEDULE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4/1/2008 RIDE

2 posters

Go down

4/1/2008 RIDE Empty 4/1/2008 RIDE

Post  tron800 Wed 02 Apr 2008, 10:09 am

We had a new ride this week and I for one didn't know what to expect.
We had two ladies to start in the Peloton as well. It started out a bit slower last night most likely to feel out the new 31 mile route, yet riders continued to drop from the main field. With about 10 guys and 2 ladies left Rasta boy didn't keep his line around 15 mile mark or so and hit someones front wheel. I had a mechanical at around the 17 mile mark (chain Popped) and what looked like the main field started to pick it up a bit, so with no help and the wind I was cooked, and ended up hammering alone later seeing a friendly face of Diane on Blacksmith. Parking lot talk stated thay Ryan picked up the pace to just bearable at the end and Jim and Shane and Rasta and the rest of the boys left mixed it up.

Alan

tron800

Back to top Go down

4/1/2008 RIDE Empty 4/1/2008 RIDE

Post  jimweidner Fri 04 Apr 2008, 9:27 am

it was the first night of the long version of the tuesday night ride. ryan was well behaved and rode just like one of us mortals for most of the ride. when we made the left on limekiln road it seemed that we were down to about 6 riders, and the hard part was only just beginning. we all took turns pulling thru until we hit mine road. i think ryan realized that it would be dark before he got home and stood and was gone. now it's just 4 of us; weavers rider?, doug, rasta man?, and me. the longer ride caught up with the weavers rider and he was off the back. i did a little acceleration and when i looked back doug was the closest rider and he was maybe 50' back, i hit it again and just kept the pain moving into my legs and lungs. the next time i looked back i saw rasta man on the front, but i had enough of a lead to get across the imaginary line at the first pole.

it was a very hard ride, harder in my opinion than the derby. if you want an awesome work out, you need to do this ride. hopefully nick and dean will be back next week.

see you all on tuesday.

jim

jimweidner

Back to top Go down

4/1/2008 RIDE Empty Re: 4/1/2008 RIDE

Post  tron800 Sat 05 Apr 2008, 9:32 am

adding Nick and Deano to the mix is like adding napalm to dynamite!, I agree with Jim if you are a racer or want to get better this is the ride for you.

Alan

tron800

Back to top Go down

4/1/2008 RIDE Empty Re: 4/1/2008 RIDE

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down