OLEY RIDES & SCHEDULE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

march 21st, good friday

3 posters

Go down

march 21st, good friday Empty march 21st, good friday

Post  jimweidner Sun 23 Mar 2008, 9:49 pm

it was another very windy day to be riding from oley. jfk, ted, john, nick, phil, and i all rode from home??? i guess we all were looking for some miles. we headed out of oley with the tailwind to the bottom of shed, our destination was the green hills coffee shop, rather than fight that wind up 724 we headed up crusher and then down hopewell rd, the back way into birdsboro. still not ready to fight the wind we headed up cocalico, we usually come down cocalico with it's many rollers. it was at this time that the wind went out of phil's legs and i think he wanted to kill me. so we headed down rock hollow and the easier terrain of golf course out to route 10. headed south on route 10 we carnked it up a bit but phil had recovered enough to handle the speed, or was it knowing that shortly he would have a coffee and a treat. we stayed a little long at the coffee shop and then nick and phil headed home and ted jfk and i headed for teds house on top of the mountain. he wanted us to ride him to his house, and i think he regretted it when we started climbing and i took him up the very steep ritter lane. it was a great ride.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/kml/episode.kml?episodePkValues=5210107

jim

jimweidner

Back to top Go down

march 21st, good friday Empty Shot at!

Post  Phil Iredale Mon 24 Mar 2008, 10:20 am

When Nick and I left the coffee shop we climbed Imperial to get over to Wyomissing Avenue to get into Shillington. About 100 yards from Vermont, on Wyomissing Avenue a grey BWM with 3 kids went past us and I was hit 3 times with a pellet gun on my left side. We tried to catch them but they where gone up Vermont. Hell when we were in high school we just wanted to find beer and women....my have times changed...little shits.

Phil Iredale

Back to top Go down

march 21st, good friday Empty Re: march 21st, good friday

Post  Nick Price Mon 24 Mar 2008, 5:46 pm

Those little freakin punks. I tried to chase and totally forgot to get a plate number. I was more focused on whether or not I was going to throw my bike at their car, or grab them by their little necks and give them a good old-fashion butt kicking. Both of which would have gotten me an extended stay at BCP, so it is probably a good thing I didn't catch up to them. To think that teenagers would think shooting pellets at people is funny. If they only stopped to think that many lives can be ruined in a matter of a few seconds. Hopefully they learn.
Nick Price
Nick Price

Back to top Go down

march 21st, good friday Empty Re: march 21st, good friday

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down