OLEY RIDES & SCHEDULE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

march 22 saturday

2 posters

Go down

march 22 saturday Empty march 22 saturday

Post  jimweidner Sun 23 Mar 2008, 9:59 pm

''yes, i know it's snowing. but if i don't go and ride with the guys they will talk abouit me.'' that was the talk on the very snowy, and icy, saturday ride. john, jfk, joe and myself headed out of oley and it was still snowing. we headed for the time trial up forgedale and the over the hilly way to drop into fleetwood via lake rd. going down the hill i heard my phone ring and i had a suspicion that the time trial was cancelled. when we got to the bottom john starts yelling for us to stop. turns out his rear brake caliper was frozen in the closed, brake on, position. one look at that fender and i can understand, the ice was bouncing off his fender and right on his brake. we chipped it away, i checked my phone and sure enough the time trial was cancelled. seems kevin's rear derailer froze up on him. the four of rode on through the valley and up to new smithville, back to the fleetwood coffee shop, and as we were getting close to home it turns beautiful. sorry you all missed the adventure.

oh and by the way,,,,,,, we DO talk about you if you're not on the ride

jim

jimweidner

Back to top Go down

march 22 saturday Empty Re: march 22 saturday

Post  Ted Lewandowski Mon 24 Mar 2008, 9:48 am

You guys are not rapped to tight. Waiting until 11:30 was a much better time to ride.

Ted Lewandowski

Back to top Go down