OLEY RIDES & SCHEDULE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 8 2008 Ronde

3 posters

Go down

July 8 2008 Ronde Empty July 8 2008 Ronde

Post  Dean Smith Wed 09 Jul 2008, 7:47 am

I rode hard and got put away wet. 'nuff said.

Dean Smith

Back to top Go down

July 8 2008 Ronde Empty July 8 2008 Ronde

Post  jimweidner Wed 09 Jul 2008, 9:59 am

last night was not good. see route change notice starting next week.

the ride shapped up to be a good one. dean / morgan stanley and ??? / weavers went up the road and their respective teams were doing a great job of blocking and slowing down the chase. just before pleasantville the water spout in the sky opened all the way and the main group headed for the covered bridge for shelter. i think the break kept going, in my opinion it was the ultimate blocking scheme; get the chase to take shelter while the break rode at liesure to the finish.

see you all next week.

jim

jimweidner

Back to top Go down

July 8 2008 Ronde Empty Re: July 8 2008 Ronde

Post  Nick Price Wed 09 Jul 2008, 2:32 pm

Even in the rain, we kept pushing along. We were looking back the whole time expecting a chase and then we figured everyone took cover. Rasta hoped on right after Limekiln. He was running late, so he backtracked the course. John pulled off at the pet cemetery and heading home, so we were down to Dean, Shane, myself, Rasta and Doug. We hit Mine rd and had a few small attacks. I put in a weak attack into the S-turn just wanting to string it out and get the pace moving into the Weidnerburg, but the guys knew what I was up to. I'll admit it, I played the easy card on Mine and stayed more in the back vs. the front for such a small group. With about 300 to go, Doug put a big move in and had a nice gap on us. I jumped it to catch up to him and had enough the come around him in the last 50. But, like I said, I played the easy card and didn't really earn it. Doug earned it by putting a big move in so far out.

See you next week.
Nick Price
Nick Price

Back to top Go down

July 8 2008 Ronde Empty Re: July 8 2008 Ronde

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down