OLEY RIDES & SCHEDULE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 29 Rhonde

3 posters

Go down

July 29 Rhonde Empty July 29 Rhonde

Post  Brian Saylor Wed 30 Jul 2008, 12:45 pm

Interesting evening... What are WE going to do when we approach an intersection with a break up the road?
I am going to post my thoughts. I hope that WE will discuss, and alter, but ULTIMATELY Jim will have the final say... Period!

If you are in the break, YOU will SLOW/STOP. When you cross, if it is TOTALLY clear, YELL SO, if it is not, indicate so, or say NOTHING. MAKE the next group decide for THEMSELVES!!! At each intersection, WE are responcible for OURSELVES. WE MUST MAKE OUR OWN DECISIONS!!! INDIVIDUALLY!!! As the next group approaches, they must decide INDIVDUALLY, if it is safe to cross. UNDERSTAND that when we are going "SUPERSONIC" WE ARE NOT THINKING AS CLEARLY AS WE SHOULD!!! It is at this time WE WILL MAKE MISTAKES!!!

If you are in the break and it comes back together because of traffic. The break will cross 1st, and must decide to ABANDON or ATTACK as soon as the group gets across the road TOGETHER!!! The break MUST again take off, and when the distance EARNED is achieved, the group will then chase. It is at this POINT RIGHT HERE is where we make OUR MISTAKE... The break is of the mindset that they want the distance they EARNED, and rightfully so... GIVE it to them!!! They have EARNED IT! The group has the advantage of "HORSE POWER" that they need to use. Let the break go, GIVE THEM THE DISTANCE THEY HAVE EARNED and DO what it takes to either get across, or chase them down. WE can do this people... MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! SAFETY MUST BE NUMBER ONE !!!!!

As the weeks have gone by we have all gotten to know each other. We need to do a better job of taking care of our own... Imagine the horror of seeing one of us going through a windshield... I for one, am guilty of taking chances and riding on the edge at times, so I cast no stones here... Let's get this DONE!!! We can make it FAIR, which will make it SAFE and FUN... That is why we are here... To FLY like the wind, but LAND SAFELY in the lot, with our "WAR" stories to tell....

Brian

Brian Saylor

Back to top Go down

July 29 Rhonde Empty July 29 Rhonde

Post  jimweidner Thu 31 Jul 2008, 7:42 am

here are the bottom line facts:

everyone is responsible for their own safty. (this means that you look for yourself before crossing the road)
if we have a physical incident with a car the rides are over.
we need to stay to the right side of the yellow line.

there really isn't a need to discuss this at length. if you want to be known like ricco, who took EPO and hurt his team by being thrown out of the tour and losing their prime sponsor, than you can go down in infamy as the rider that ruined the oley tuesday night rides for a lot of others. it's a training ride.

last week was a bad night, let's start next week with a clean slate.

ride safe........

pleae pass this on to others that don't read this list.

jim

jimweidner

Back to top Go down

July 29 Rhonde Empty Re: July 29 Rhonde

Post  Nick Price Thu 31 Jul 2008, 12:19 pm

Agreed. I know I've been guilty of a few things over the past few months. I'll try to be more cautious. With the corn getting up there in height, we have to realize that what was once a wide open interesection is now a blind one.

Techno Brad is selling disability insurance these days. Maybe he can get us a group rate: Laughing
Nick Price
Nick Price

Back to top Go down

July 29 Rhonde Empty Re: July 29 Rhonde

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down