OLEY RIDES & SCHEDULE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rhonde report April 28th

Go down

Rhonde report April 28th Empty Rhonde report April 28th

Post  Nick Price Wed 29 Apr 2009, 9:24 pm

Interesting night. A few miles in heading up Oysterdale the attacks began. Rasta, Big Jim, Keith, Jerry and myself started to get things going. My teammate Matt bridged up and by the time we rounded the turn at the gun club we already had a small gap. Everybody did an amazing job of working the paceline and working as one to get away. We got lucky and made the light at 73 and as I glanced back it looked like the main group made it as well. Recumbant Eric bridged up as well(BTW, I think I'm the only rider small enough to get a draft from him). We hit Limekiln pretty hard and crossed over 562 without having to stop.

Once we hit the S-turn I put a small attack in and it broke it down to 5(Jim, myself, Matt, Rasta and Eric). I'm not sure when Eric dropped off, but once we hit Daniel Boone Rd we were flying. We crossed 562 without having to stop so we kept a nice pace up through the pet cemetery and then punched it past Boonecroft Farm. Once we hit Oley Turnpike, I put a small attack in again and it picked up the pace onto Mine. Jim pulled off at the start of Mine(I hope I can roll like that when I'm his age). Once we hit Mine, it was Rasta vs. two Dynaflo riders. Rasta attacked on the litttle climb past the silo and I stayed on his wheel with Matt in tow. Once we hit the final left, I jumped it pretty hard on the inside and Matt knew exactly what I was doing. He read my mind like a great teammate should. Rasta jumped to bridge and didn't come around right away and then Matt countered into the final right turn and started to pull ahead. Once we hit the woods, Rasta was doing his best to try to catch Matt(who had a backpack on), yet I was sitting Rasta's wheel and not doing anything. I was just waiting to counter in case he bridged up. Once he knew he wasn't catching him, I came around on the downhill for second. Even though he was out numbered at the end, it didn't stop Rasta from being his usual self. Fast and Furious.

What a fun night.
Nick Price
Nick Price

Back to top Go down