OLEY RIDES & SCHEDULE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

derby 3/1/2009

2 posters

Go down

derby 3/1/2009 Empty derby 3/1/2009

Post  Admin Mon 02 Mar 2009, 11:01 am

yes i know, it had snowed a dusting overnight. yes i know, the roads could have had some slick areas. but i headed out from the ice house and rolled up to the kings lot just the same. what? no jfk [the new milage junkie], no kevin [who rides in any weather]? ok so i thought maybe i was crazy after all, but i headed up forgedale alone headed for the derby. i met them at the quarry, there were about 40 riders, so i wasn't that crazy. it was an easy ride to the turnaround since we had a tail wind. at the turnaround it was into the wind and into the gutter. i got yself into a good spot and held on. it split to shreds going up topton and i had to scramble at least three times to get around riders and get back on. i started pulling thru at the front and it was brutal. then, it was over and i enjoyed the tailwind on the ride home alone. it was a good ride and i'm sorry you all missed it.

see you next sunday.

jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oleyrides.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

derby 3/1/2009 Empty derby 3/1/2009

Post  dajones13 Thu 05 Mar 2009, 8:10 pm

Glad to hear you got out, I was thinking it was too bad. I've been sick for the last two weeks. Two weeks ago I barely was out of bed all day with the flue. Last week I did a couple nights on the rollers but didn’t feel we enough to go outside in the cold, and coughed for about 10 minutes after 45 minutes on the rollers. Figures I’m feeling better this week but work has been keeping me busy (I guess that’s not a bad thing in these times) so today was my first ride outside since the derby on Feb 15th. Didn’t feel too bad. Hoping I’ll see you guys this weekend, the weather looks good as of now.
dajones13
dajones13

Back to top Go down