OLEY RIDES & SCHEDULE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

derby 2/8/09

Go down

derby 2/8/09 Empty derby 2/8/09

Post  Admin Sat 14 Feb 2009, 9:28 am

warm but very windy.
we join the derby near the quarry, and it's brutal; they're really moving and the cross wind is splitting up the group. i jump in after the first group and get a spot out of the wind. we get to the turn around and i follow some guys to the front, where everybody seems to want to be. i'm like 15 to 20 back and just trying to kkep the wheel in front of me and stay out of the wind. we hit deka hill and that wasns't so bad. then bowers hill and that was hard. so we move on to topton, we hit the bottom of the hill and slow down big time. the group is wide across the road and i'm trying not to brake. then like a shot. off we go, and now that was harder. my legs started talking to me as we went over the top. most likely from the 74 miles yesterday. i stayed on until mertztown and was very happy with my first derby of the year. kevin stayed with the group a little longer until they rode thru 4+ inches of water just laying on the roads.

see you next suday,
jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://oleyrides.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down